Degrading College Drunks Go Gay
‘In one initiation ceremony, called ‘Two Men’, first year students are stripped to their underwear and forced into the middle of a circle where they must wrestle another student with the aim of removing their underwear‘
Over the past few days, the Fairfax press here in Sydney has run several exploratory stories related to the goings-on at St John’s Residential College, at the University of Sydney. That includes, as above, detailing alleged, truly bizarre and decidedly homosexuals rituals. Young men such as these, who can defiantly humiliate women and each other, will go on to become the captains of industry, politics and academia. The resilience of these archaic cultures to the march of progress lies in the fact that privileged young men know that they can do as they please, the closed nature of the institution and that few, if any, within that institution, dare to speak out.
The University of Sydney continues to assiduously resist implementing an anti-bullying policy for students…
Of course, you would expect that any university would, upon hearing allegations of a young female student seriously harmed during a college ritual, to ’huddle’, working overtime to keep the problem in-house and to shut it down as quickly as possible. What, perhaps, you would not expect, is that those supposedly ‘independent’ people on and off campus, whose duty it is to uphold the health, safety and well-being of students, would remain so extraordinarily mute about this most recent incident, and the conga line of others over the previous decades. I should not wonder then why so few cases of unlawful sexual discrimination and harassment have been brought by students against the University of Sydney.
Perhaps when Sex Discrimination Commissioner, Elizabeth Broderick, launches the ‘See Hear Speak‘ campaign at the University of Sydney next Thursday, a campaign that aims to educate women (but not men?) about sexual harassment, she might refer specifically to the alleged goings-on at St John’s College?
And as for young men at St John’s College reportedly measuring each other’s penises in a group setting? Well, enough said…
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
TOSHIBA Laptop Battery Life Warning!
Coming Soon: Big on Bullying
Having been subject to bullying and mobbing in my workplace since October 2010 and to the present, I have gained particular insight into the challenges one faces not only being a man abused but also, being a man living with a psychosocial disability, abused. Soon, I will start detailing my story and start laying out the evidence for how we can make it possible for workplaces to become safe for all. An obvious start, apart from critically analysing how it can be that a group of seemingly reasonable, qualified and experienced professionals would have quite happily bullied me to death, would be to unpack the pivotal role that violence plays in Australian society...
- More reasons to outlaw conversion therapy…
- 1:12 military has clogged arteries
- Poor white male trash seldom hang out on campus
- That’s so gay
- Don’t call me fag
- Tough men take abuse
- Mobbing, or what chooks do at work…
- All fags must die…
- In defence of bullying and other cultural merry-go-rounds…
- Soldiers suffering much for nothing much at all
Blah! Blah! Blah!
- ultimo167 on More reasons to outlaw conversion therapy…
- Mike Myers on More reasons to outlaw conversion therapy…
- Arleny on Does Child Sexual Abuse Cause Homosexuality…?
- Ant on Damned Male Suicide Lies!
- ultimo167 on Coping Strategies for Men Sexually Abused as Children…
- JAY JAY on Straight-Acting, Self-Loathing Gay Men…
- Jason in Sydney on Straight-Acting, Self-Loathing Gay Men…
- Evan on Straight-Acting, Self-Loathing Gay Men…
- Evan on Straight-Acting, Self-Loathing Gay Men…
- Robert on Coping Strategies for Men Sexually Abused as Children…
- Homophobe kills himself in Notre Dame Cathedral, to which I say good riddance to vile rubbish!!! smh.com.au/world/vile-law… 5 hours ago
- Wong accuses Christian group of gay 'bigotry' smh.com.au/opinion/politi… via @smh 10 hours ago
- Disrupted ‘brain clock’ is linked to depression in new study zite.to/10idwgd via @zite 18 hours ago
- When Good Things Happen To Bad People: Disturbing News About Workplace Bullies zite.to/10idl4A via @zite 18 hours ago
- '80% of UAE couples divorce within a year' zite.to/10id8hQ via @zite 18 hours ago
- Australian Christian Lobby shocker: 'Gay sex could be taught in schools' zite.to/10icYXN via @zite 18 hours ago
- The masculinity debate: no wonder men stay out of it via @zite 18 hours ago
- Labour MP Diane Abbott: ‘Crisis of masculinity is leading to the normalisation of homophobia’ zite.to/12J7loI via @zite 18 hours ago
- WATCH: United Nations Pose A Riddle to End Homophobia zite.to/13xFRTW via @zite 18 hours ago
- Homophobia: One-In-Four LGBT People Victim of Violence or Threats in the Last Five Years zite.to/12J7aJV via @zite 18 hours ago
- Op-Ed: Are Black People More Homophobic Than White People? zite.to/16zoRR3 via @zite 18 hours ago
- Pity the poor homophobe; or, the curse of homophobia denialism via @zite 18 hours ago
- A pledge to play my part in stopping gay conversion therapy zite.to/13EztqC via @zite 18 hours ago
- Crowds break up gay rights rallies in Georgia, Russia zite.to/13EzsmI via @zite 18 hours ago
- Batter Up: Signs Your Man Might Be Swinging For the Other Team zite.to/13EzmLM via @zite 18 hours ago
- As a Muslim, I struggle with the idea of homosexuality – but I oppose homophobia zite.to/13EzdrG via @zite 18 hours ago
- Zambia: Stop Prosecuting People for Homosexuality zite.to/13Ez4EM via @zite 18 hours ago
- List of dangerous antidepressants that cause sudden death is rapidly expanding zite.to/13EywP1 via @zite 18 hours ago
- Gays Are ‘Very Sick People Psychologically, Mentally And Emotionally’ Says GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee zite.to/17Uxo0J via @zite 18 hours ago
- Gay Men and Their Not-So-Cute Misogyny Problem zite.to/13EyeI6 via @zite 18 hours ago
SUPPORT BROKEN RITES!
BROKEN RITES fearlessly and tirelessly advocate to bring priests and other clergy who have abused children to typically long-overdue justice.
Broken Rites also provides an invaluable source of current and historical information on clergy child abuse cases that have been resolved or which remain in progress.
Please consider supporting Broken Rites...
- Straight-Acting, Self-Loathing Gay Men...
- Does Child Sexual Abuse Cause Homosexuality...?
- Cheating Men Love Their Girlfriends More...
- Dutch Men Need Bigger Condoms...
- Coping Strategies for Men Sexually Abused as Children...
- Testosterone Made Me Gay...!
- Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM), But What About MSW...?
- Fuck Off Racist Homos!
- Self-Reliance, Masculinity, and Resistance to Seeking Help...
- Women Love Men like Concrete...
- 105,134 hits
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- October 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010