‘In one initiation ceremony, called ‘Two Men’, first year students are stripped to their underwear and forced into the middle of a circle where they must wrestle another student with the aim of removing their underwear‘
Over the past few days, the Fairfax press here in Sydney has run several exploratory stories related to the goings-on at St John’s Residential College, at the University of Sydney. That includes, as above, detailing alleged, truly bizarre and decidedly homosexuals rituals. Young men such as these, who can defiantly humiliate women and each other, will go on to become the captains of industry, politics and academia. The resilience of these archaic cultures to the march of progress lies in the fact that privileged young men know that they can do as they please, the closed nature of the institution and that few, if any, within that institution, dare to speak out.
The University of Sydney continues to assiduously resist implementing an anti-bullying policy for students…
Of course, you would expect that any university would, upon hearing allegations of a young female student seriously harmed during a college ritual, to ’huddle’, working overtime to keep the problem in-house and to shut it down as quickly as possible. What, perhaps, you would not expect, is that those supposedly ‘independent’ people on and off campus, whose duty it is to uphold the health, safety and well-being of students, would remain so extraordinarily mute about this most recent incident, and the conga line of others over the previous decades. I should not wonder then why so few cases of unlawful sexual discrimination and harassment have been brought by students against the University of Sydney.
Perhaps when Sex Discrimination Commissioner, Elizabeth Broderick, launches the ‘See Hear Speak‘ campaign at the University of Sydney next Thursday, a campaign that aims to educate women (but not men?) about sexual harassment, she might refer specifically to the alleged goings-on at St John’s College?
And as for young men at St John’s College reportedly measuring each other’s penises in a group setting? Well, enough said…
TOSHIBA Laptop Battery Life Warning!
Coming Soon: Big on Bullying
Having been subject to bullying and mobbing in my workplace since October 2010 and to the present, I have gained particular insight into the challenges one faces not only being a man abused but also, being a man living with a psychosocial disability, abused. Soon, I will start detailing my story and start laying out the evidence for how we can make it possible for workplaces to become safe for all. An obvious start, apart from critically analysing how it can be that a group of seemingly reasonable, qualified and experienced professionals would have quite happily bullied me to death, would be to unpack the pivotal role that violence plays in Australian society...
- More reasons to outlaw conversion therapy…
- 1:12 military has clogged arteries
- Poor white male trash seldom hang out on campus
- That’s so gay
- Don’t call me fag
- Tough men take abuse
- Mobbing, or what chooks do at work…
- All fags must die…
- In defence of bullying and other cultural merry-go-rounds…
- Soldiers suffering much for nothing much at all
Blah! Blah! Blah!
- ultimo167 on More reasons to outlaw conversion therapy…
- Mike Myers on More reasons to outlaw conversion therapy…
- Arleny on Does Child Sexual Abuse Cause Homosexuality…?
- Ant on Damned Male Suicide Lies!
- ultimo167 on Coping Strategies for Men Sexually Abused as Children…
- JAY JAY on Straight-Acting, Self-Loathing Gay Men…
- Jason in Sydney on Straight-Acting, Self-Loathing Gay Men…
- Evan on Straight-Acting, Self-Loathing Gay Men…
- Evan on Straight-Acting, Self-Loathing Gay Men…
- Robert on Coping Strategies for Men Sexually Abused as Children…
- The Search for Mental Illness and Addiction in the Brain, Part II: Why Are the Human Psyche and Behavior S… zite.to/14GK5bv via @zite 13 minutes ago
- Women 40% more likely than men to develop mental illness, study finds zite.to/12MnidF via @zite 14 minutes ago
- K hole swallows black dog...'Club Drug’ Ketamine Lifts Depression in Hours zite.to/10MBqPX via @zite 14 minutes ago
- US church blames Woolwich terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people zite.to/14GJfeR via @zite 15 minutes ago
- No, LGBT People Are Not Richer Than Straights zite.to/188G6IC via @zite 16 minutes ago
- What Is the Endgame of the Anti-Gay Movement? zite.to/10qFuGO via @zite 16 minutes ago
- Watch: Homosexuality Is ‘Abomination In The Sight Of God’ Says GOP’s Jackson zite.to/14GIUcf via @zite 17 minutes ago
- Dutch gay ex-lawmaker urges Japan to promote LGBT rights zite.to/14GIL8x via @zite 17 minutes ago
- Ukrainian Court Cancels Gay Pride March zite.to/18bd7UP via @zite 17 minutes ago
- Hate must run through the family...Northern Ireland minister Ian Paisley Jnr calls gay people repulsive zite.to/10nZ6i9 via @zite 18 minutes ago
- Disease kills mentally ill people in Australia earlier than general population: study zite.to/18aIEGo via @zite 20 minutes ago
- Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered zite.to/18bcFG1 via @zite 20 minutes ago
- Aboriginal deaths in custody numbers rise sharply over past five years zite.to/14FYW5Z via @zite 21 minutes ago
- US scouting movement lifts 22-year ban on gay members zite.to/18bcniq via @zite 22 minutes ago
- Cabinet Office to fly rainbow flag zite.to/14GHmPt via @zite 22 minutes ago
- New Advances In Cognitive Behavioural Therapy zite.to/18bcg6x via @zite 23 minutes ago
- Never any such thing as free speech in Australia...State funds come with proviso not to protest smh.com.au/nsw/-2k3wb.html 15 hours ago
- The killer office smh.com.au/lifestyle/-2jq… 1 day ago
- British House Of Commons Passes Marriage Bill By Huge Margin zite.to/10LABqF via @zite...hurry up Australia! 1 day ago
- Suicide Can Be Contagious Among Teens zite.to/10LAdIJ via @zite 1 day ago
SUPPORT BROKEN RITES!
BROKEN RITES fearlessly and tirelessly advocate to bring priests and other clergy who have abused children to typically long-overdue justice.
Broken Rites also provides an invaluable source of current and historical information on clergy child abuse cases that have been resolved or which remain in progress.
Please consider supporting Broken Rites...
- Straight-Acting, Self-Loathing Gay Men...
- Does Child Sexual Abuse Cause Homosexuality...?
- Healthy Men Bottle Up Their Emotions...
- Rejected Men Become Abusive...
- Coping Strategies for Men Sexually Abused as Children...
- Cheating Men Love Their Girlfriends More...
- Men Who Bully Women
- Gay Men Take Drugs to Fit In...
- Fuck Off Racist Homos!
- Are Gay Men More Abusive than Straight Men?
- 105,224 hits
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- October 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010